Before we consider the chakras, let us think about what we are made of? Energy and Light. When we look at ourselves from a physical perspective,we could all say no.. we are made of flesh, bones. But asides from the flesh and bones, we are also made of ENERGY, yes!! So picture a body of energy that outlines your physical body. In addition, picture from the top of the head to the bottom, a funnel of energy flowing thru. But similar to plumbing pipes in a sink, that energy cannot flow thru when it is blocked. So you will have a block of energy at some of the energy centers in your body, and we don’t want this! We want energy to be free and to flow. Let’s review the names of the energy centers or Chakras first to get familiar with them:
1.Root Chakra-Location at the base of the spine. Helps us keep grounded and connected to earth and our physical being.
2. Sacral Chakra – Location at the lower abdomen- Helps us with connection to others, pleasure, well being.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra -Upper abdomen- Affects Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives as well as emotional balance.
4. Heart Chakra -Around the heart area, affects Our ability to love, open our heart and forgive.
5. Throat Chakra -Around the Throat area- Affects Our ability to communicate and express ourselves.
6. Third Eye Chakra – In the forehead between the eyes. Affects Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. In addition to Psychic awareness, intuition.
7. Crown Chakra -On top of the head. Represents our ability to connect to our spiriritual and higher self, as well spiritual connection to others.
How they get Blocked? Our chakras can be blocked by everyday stress and emotional pain. They can also be blocked by our physical mal-function. We can help re-balance our chakras by doing daily meditations that can help in getting the energy flowing again. I recommend that you do a short daily meditation to tune and rebalance your chakras on a daily basis, some videos on youtube are very helpful for this(Please see the page on suggested videos). Basic breathing exercises would help as well. If you need to know where your block is, I would be happy to help. How I do it? with the help of spirit, I can do a scan of your energy and see where the block is, and make recommendations to clear the block and get your energy flowing again! Feel free to inquire about this or make a half hour sessions with me. We take care of our bodies, we eat, we exercise. Our Energy body needs attention too! Love and Light, Ana Saborido.